- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Cairo
- Position Title:
- Telephone Operator
- Open Period:
- 12/30/2021 - 01/13/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE - 0605 4
- EGP £98,331 - EGP £98,331
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
[email protected] HR Section
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-AA.
Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources.
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite Personal Services Agreement (PSA).
Subject to the successful completion of the probationary period (three months).
- Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Cairo/Egypt is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Telephone Operator in the Information Resources Management Office (IRM). The work schedule for this position is Full Time 40 hrs. per week (on shift basis, determined by the supervisor). Start date: Candidates must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
Based on business needs
The incumbent is responsible for operating an electronic telephone switchboard. The operator answers incoming calls and routes them accordingly. The operator works independently in a shift work environment to include weekends. The operator is expected to have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience working in a fast-paced office environment, using Microsoft Software.
- Education Requirements:
Completion of Secondary School is required.
LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge in reading/speaking/writing of English is required. (This will be tested).
Fluent in reading/speaking/writing of Arabic is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cairo/Egypt may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a medical and security clearance.
To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and/or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide the requested information or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit for Non-Egyptian
- High school certificate
- Proof of citizenship for Egyptian
- Military certificate for men only
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Copy of Orders (applicants assigned to US Mission)
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for the interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Apply for here