About the job
The Government Affairs Specialist is responsible for supporting the development of communication channels between the organization and the government entities. The role holder is also responsible for monitoring government legislation and regulations that could affect the business in operating stores.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop a monitoring process for legislation and regulations that could affect the organization operations.
- Ensure any changes in relevant laws and regulations that can affect the organization operations are communicated to the relevant functions.
- Work proactively to resolve challenges and issues the organization faces with government entities.
- Build relationships with governmental entities and local authorities, regulatory heads and key policymakers.
- Escalate organizational issues to relevant government entities, with the aim to reach mutually beneficial agreements and solutions.
- Manage the governmental relations with all public sectors to ensure smooth approval process flow and support in special cases.
- Follow instructions to resolve challenges and issues the organization faces with government entities.
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- 3 to 5 years in a similar position within public relations.
- Strong Knowledge of government entities.
- Good knowledge of local laws, rules and regulations.
- Good business communication and presentation skills.
Apply for here