1. Calculate, post-business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
2. Assemble invoices to be completed for payment.
3. Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
4. Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices, or correspondence necessary for files.
5. Type periodic reports and other records.
6. Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures.
7. Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
8. Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable).
9. Check vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers.
10. Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts, and coding per accounting policies and procedures.
11. Reconcile bank statements.