· Building relationships with clients in order to promote and facilitate online registrations for making exam entries
· Strong system knowledge in order to resolve issues on ground and escalate when required Ensuring compliance with deadlines and planning for contingencies
· Planning and ensuring all related equipment & resources fit for use on Test Day.
· Acting to resolve connectivity issues on the ground escalate when required
· Possible weekend and out of the office hours work during the exams period.
Service delivery and Operations
· Support registration of exam entries responding to queries or issues
· Provides technical assistance leading up to and on Test Day
· Undertakes bulk upload and cash reconciling
· Project management and vendor management to ensure procurement regular servicing and readiness of use of IT related equipment to ensure smooth delivery of exam services.
· Ensures technical compliance of equipment and connectivity at test venues
· Plans and prioritises own work activities which span across a range of different work streams responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
· Supports all relevant to pre-test test day post-test services and procedures.
· Coordinate with test day operations coordinator relevant tasks of pre-test test day and post test
Customers/ Relationship and stakeholders
· Supporting continuous improvement in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery/systems in the unit or department
· Proactively work with Operations Manager to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
· Acts as help desk to venue staff and customers / candidates
· Develops good working relationships and engagement with Venue Staff and appropriate colleagues throughout the BC to facilitate effective and efficient service delivery.
· Act as point of contact and manage escalated issues in country from Venue Supervisors and Venues supported by Operations Manager / Cluster team when required.
Risk and compliance
· Adhere to Quality and Compliance Assurance (QCA) standards exams boards standards & guidelines and IELTS audit requirements at all times. Strict adherence to exam security and administration requirements is an essential part of the job
· Undertake contingency and risk management on the ground liaise with Local IT Examiner or Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications
· Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection security policies financial protocols anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
Analysis and reporting
· Uses standard procedures and templates regularly records analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
· Supports wash-up meetings to review Test Day performance delivery continual improvement and corrective actions
· Manage financial transactions through SAP and carry out related duties as per role on SAP (e.g. raise purchase requisitions/sales orders) in compliance with essential Finance and procurement policies
· Assist with income reconciliation income collection vendor payments etc as needed
What were looking for is someone with:
· The right to live and work in the country
· C2 written and spoken English
· University degree 2 years experience in operations or administration.
· Experience working in Exams administration or exams knowledge or schools administration
· Experience with logistics and organization and operations
· Excellent communications and stakeholder relationships skills – experience resolving issues and providing guidance for others
· Excellent computer/IT skills.
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable then please apply by 22nd November 2020 (23:59 CET Time).
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19 UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks reference checks identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected] Apply For Here