Job Alert: We’re hiring a communications intern
Main purpose of the job:
The intern will be working with in the Communications team to create engaging social media material.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create engaging content in Arabic and English for our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- Assist with monitoring trends, top stories, and reactions on our social media platforms
- Video filming and editing for social media
- Creating graphics for campaigns
- Broader assistance to the Communications Team including event management and translation
1. Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
2. Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
3. Delivering Value for Money - Involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. It means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
4. Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
-Fluent written and oral English language skills
-Fluent written, reading and oral Arabic language skills
-Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
Experience with video editing and graphic design programmes
-Quality photography and filming
-Knowledge of social media platforms and associated software
-Proven interest/ background in a field relevant to media or international relations
Application deadline: 21 March 2020Apply Now