Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski
he Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski is a haven of tranquillity in the heart of New Cairo. Offering a range of palatial services, the hotel features the finest rooms coupled with the highest levels of service and is an ideal base from which to explore the amazing city of Cairo.
The hotel optimum location on the city ring road and its close proximity to Cairo International Airport make the hotel the perfect starting point from which to explore Cairo treasures.
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
To contribute to and to support Kempinski vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our food & beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager must grow into the position of Food & Beverage Head of Department.
The job of Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly established and adhered within the hotel including hotel policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The sales are driven to full potential in specific outlets as appointed by Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- All costs are in line with sales without compromising quality, i.e. minimum 85% LQA score.
- The department or appointed outlets are driven in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and shared with other hotels via corporate office.
- The employee is ready to assume the position of Food & Beverage Head of Department in Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski Hotel or in other Kempinski properties.
- At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of daily activities.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is responsible of the following Talent Development tasks for their department:
- Support and implement new Talent Development initiatives.
- Identify internal and external talents* that match Kempinski DNA values.
- Support in growing talent in order to present candidates in quarterly Talent Transfer Calls.
- Take the time to meet all new Food & Beverage employees.
- Support Food & Beverage Head of Department in conducting yearly performance appraisal TTTT and give employees regular feedback on their job performance.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Oversee the operations of the outlets appointed by the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Assist in preparing/consolidating the yearly budget for the department.
- Assist in preparing the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, attend the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Manage the consolidated inventory of Food & Beverage department OS&E together with the Stewarding department.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Attend or conduct (in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department) daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Review and update all departmental operations manuals annually.
- Assist in sourcing the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Assist handling guest complaints.
- Oversee every service at least once a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banqueting, room service, bar).
- Prepare a yearly marketing plan for the appointed outlets in cooperation with the Sales & Marketing Department including a competitor analysis.
- Follow the local and global food & beverage trends.
- Ensure that all managers plan and implement effective training programs in the appointed outlets.
- Be actively involved in the operations of the appointed outlets to ensure regular guest contact.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Act as the secondary point of contact to the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Support the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Attend all corporate conference calls and the relevant regional and global Food & Beverage events in the absence of Food & Beverage Head of Department.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.