Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role, the selected candidate will serve as an Operations
Analyst for the CMA team in Cairo, Egypt, and in North Africa and Horn
of Africa countries.
S/He will work closely with the CMA team leads to support business
development efforts including building new business in line with the IFC
S/He will work closely with the CMA team leads to contribute to the
development and implementation of high-quality projects and
interventions through research, analytical and operational work.
• S/He will liaise with the project teams and support functions for quality control and timely program delivery.
• The selected candidate will report directly to the CMA Manager for North, West & Central Africa.
Client and Stakeholder Management:
Participate in client meetings and support the development of technical
advice and monitoring of program implementation in line with client and
market needs as well as IFC priorities.
• Support the establishments of relationships with counterparts and market
• Work collaboratively with IFC regional Investment/Upstream/Advisory anchors to ensure alignment.
Pro-actively support the engagement with donor partners to report
progress on donor funded programs and to develop fund-raising proposals.
Project Design and Operationalize Solutions:
Support CMA as well as industry specialists in the identification and
design of investment climate reforms to unlock investment potential and
create markets in Egypt and the sub-region as needed.
Contribute to the development of relevant project documents (Concept
Notes, Implementation Plans, Project Supervision Reports).
Support the design and delivery of client solutions and proactively
support the project implementation by flagging risks and issues that
require attention in a timely manner.
Communications and Knowledge Sharing:
• Distill information from various sources and summarize in a clear, logical, and concise manner.
• Undertake data collection and analysis and utilize graphs and tables to creatively and effectively present data.
• Contribute to CMAs body of knowledge by supporting the creation of lessons learned and best practices.
• Masters degree in Law, Finance, Business, Economics, or a closely related field.
At least three years experience in private sector development, with a
focus on delivering investment climate and sector reforms.
Demonstrated ability to identify and assess regulatory and sector
bottlenecks and to communicate findings to various audiences.
• Understanding the implications of different policy and regulatory frameworks governing CMAs thematic areas.
Experience in delivering advisory engagements in investment climate
reform both economy wide and sector level reforms is preferred.
Ability to identify how changes in markets, business climate,
regulations or emergence of new/ successful innovators/ disruptors may
create new opportunities for IFC to accelerate its mandate in a thematic
• Understanding of IFC and WBG products/instruments.
Demonstrable experience working on IFC and WBG products will be an
• Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute the tasks timely and effectively.
Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks,
independently adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed
objectives and deadlines.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills in English is a must. Arabic speakers preferred.
Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and aptitude to learn
new systems is a must. Ability to use project management systems
(iPortal, IBIS, etc.) is a plus.
• Commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFCs mission, strategy and values.
Apply for here