About the job
This job is located in the Regional Bureau Cairo (RBC) for WFP in the Middle East North Africa Central Asia and Eastern Europe.
Within RBC the HR Services Team provides the Regional Bureau with the full HR service delivery from:
Talent sourcing recruitment and selection and onboarding
HR servicing including payroll and benefits administration and overseeing all contracting and extension actions leave management and HR policy advice and development
1. Talent management including learning and development and career development
At this level you are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities as described above requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. You are able to recommend a course of action within your area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
In particular the selected candidate(s) will perform a range of HR tasks to support the accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
WFP is seeking to build a roster of highly motivated and talented candidates to be deployed to provide backfilling support in any or all of the above-referenced areas.
· Completion of a university degree. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
· At least 2 years of experience in HR admin or a similar domain.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English languages.
The successful candidate shall:
· Demonstrate a developed understanding of the various employee contexts and needs when applying and adapting HR policy and practices to best meet employee needs.
· Take initiative and identify suitable solutions when partnering with employees and local Country Office management.
· Interpret and apply detailed knowledge of HR policies operational processes leading HR practices and internal regulations within a complex organizational context to provide guidance to employees and implement solutions within area of responsibility.
· Apply advanced knowledge of WFPs organizational and HR strategic objectives as well and operational complexities in order to ensure alignment of HR support within own area of responsibility. Establishes and maintains internal network on an ongoing basis to develop an understanding of organizational challenges and local teams context and therefore ensure focus on local priorities and people.
· Demonstrate advanced knowledge of WFP HR solutions within area of responsibility. Applies this along with an in-depth understanding of the end-user context to plan coordinate and manage effectively the implementation and execution of HR solutions.
· Demonstrate an understanding of HR operations impact on the broader organisational context. Proactively identifies opportunities for HR operational improvement and creates work plans to implement changes.
· Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
· Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other more junior staff to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
· Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR-related matters i.e. payroll contracts etc. and provide the necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
· Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection contractual conditions entitlements performance and training requirements to support analysis and reporting needs.
· Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the supervisor including onboarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
· Maintain confidential personnel records HR databases and archives to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
· Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts transfer letters training-related documents etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
· Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration performance etc.) ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
· Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
Terms and conditions:
Job Title: HR Assistant - Open to Egyptian Nationals and Residents only
Type & Level of Contract: Service Contract / Level 5
Duration & Start Date: 12 months (renewable) - Starting ASAP
Duty Station(City Country): Regional Bureau in Cairo (RBC) Egypt
Reports To: HR Officer or HR Associate
· WFP offers a competitive compensation package including:
· Attractive salary in accordance with industry standards
· Medical coverage for employee and dependents
· Learning and growth opportunities
· Variety of leave entitlements incl. 30 days annual leave/year maternity/paternity leave
and special leave arrangements.
The deadline to apply is 22 December 2020 Apply For Here