Duties and Accountabilities:
• Prepare routine portfolio monitoring reports and generate needed data from multiple sources.
• Gather and summarize benchmarking information that will be used to capture lessons learned.
• Assist in preparing analytical sections of country and sector strategies and client pitchbook.
• Prepare sector mapping to target potential clients and business opportunities.
Contribute to the development of high-quality specific Upstream
initiatives and interventions through research, analytical, and
Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial,
operational, development impact, and market information as well as
relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with the client to obtain needed
Analyze financial statements and projections, build financial models,
and run sensitivities, with accountability for factual accuracy.
Gather and summarize project, sector, and country benchmarking
information to be used to capture lessons learned, with accountability
for factual accuracy.
Identify key stakeholders (government, development partners, WBG) as
input to business development and client engagement planning.
Perform credit and integrity risk rating assessments, covenant
compliance reviews (debt), and valuations (equity), and monitor changes
to risk flags for determining performance assigned to a portfolio, with
• Gather and analyze data to support assessment of project development impact.
• Prepare industry and market research as input to Country Private Sector Diagnostics.
Bachelors or MBA/Masters/CFA in a related field and at least of 2-3
years of relevant experience. Related fields of education include
business, finance, or economics or an area of expertise specific to a
sector, subject matter, or industry specialty. Relevant experience could
include a proven track record in business consulting or investment
banking, or operational experience in the sector or technical or
• Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparable.
Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting,
finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to
support informed decision making.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of ones own work.
Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory
transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine
financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
• Ability to develop complex financial models
• Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Fluency in English required and proficiency in language(s) of the region preferred