Assistant Outlet Manager
To produce an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Restaurant / Outlet Manager provides a courteous professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet hotel and Kempinski standards driving sales and maximises profit
· Responsible to Head of Department/ Assistant Head of Department.
· Responsible for Assistant Restaurant / Outlet Manager Restaurant Supervisor Restaurant Head Waiter / Waitress Waiter / Waitress Host / Hostess Outlet Cashier.
· Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
· Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
· Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
· Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
· Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
· Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and train all employees of the outlet in regards to the concept.
· Set an example in terms of service products and guidance of the team that reflects the concept.
· Actively participate in menu design in cooperation with the outlet Head Chef and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
· Organise tastings of daily dishes and new menus.
· Know the restaurant scene and gastronomic character of the destination and be recognized in the market.
· Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
· Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
· Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
· Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
· Assist in preparation of the outlets budget.
· Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
· Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for outlet floats when and as required.
· Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up service and breakdown of operations.
· Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
· Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotels People Services Department.
· Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
· Monitor operating supplies equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
· Attend and contribute to all staff meetings departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
· Manage daily or weekly meetings with the kitchen team and fostering team work to constantly develop the restaurant / outlet for more success.
· Attend all required trainings as described by the department.
· Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation guest profile service and menu served.
· Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
· Prepare and review outlets operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
· Constantly improve the product quality by sourcing the best available products.
· Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
· Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction of the outlet with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance Customer Satisfaction Survey).
· Organise all required outlet specific trainings as described by the department.
· Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
· Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
· Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
· Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
· Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
· Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
To fill the position the following is required:
· Minimum 2 years in F&B management role preferably with a 5 Hotel chain.
· Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment including oral and written language skills in English Any additional languages are an advantage.
· Operational knowledge of the role.
· Luxury Hotel Experiences.
· Communication skills.
· Basic knowledge of hotel operations & Computer systems including Microsoft Office (Word Excel and PowerPoint) and Opera Good knowledge of Micros.
· Passion for hospitality and the European elegance of service.Apply For Here